Text To Follow….
Growing research indicates that successful leaders who possess a deep self-awareness are able to connect and engage with others in meaningful ways. They are able to create possibilities from their circumstances, rather than being limited by them.
The Leadership Advantage program is an in-depth journey to personal mastery as a leader, designed for emerging leaders and high potentials. The objective is for the participant to define his or her individual purpose as a leader and to develop a plan for expression of that purpose in and beyond the workplace.
Participants will identify their unique strengths and the underlying beliefs and motivations that serve them, as well as those that limit their effectiveness. Through completion of the program, participants develop a clear understanding of their purpose and vision as a leader. From this place, they can create the changes they want by understanding how to choose new actions and how to effectively utilize feedback from the environment.
Black Antelope Coaching’s Leadership Advantage program is delivered through 10 one-on-one coaching calls that occur over a period of 16 weeks. Two additional follow-up calls are scheduled 90 and 180 days out.
The program is distinct from traditional executive coaching in that it follows an integrated, precisely defined learning progression, drawing upon Black Antelope’s BA-Active© model and expertise in driving transformation through experiential learning. The program’s longitudinal nature allows participants to integrate the learning over time, resulting in more sustainable behaviour change.
Leadership Advantage is a learning progression that includes: a leadership assessment, BA-Active coaching, experiential learning, and reading and writing assignments.
Following is a detailed description of the four phases of the Leadership Advantage program:
Phase 1: Self-Awareness
During the first phase of the program, the participant works to achieve a new level of awareness of who he or she is as a leader. During this phase, the participant will work with the coach to:
- Debrief a leadership assessment, The Leadership Circle Profile(LINK) and derive key messages from the feedback in the profile
- Build deep insight into his or her unique strengths as a leader
- Articulate underlying beliefs and motivations that undercut these strengths and reflect on the impact of these beliefs on their leadership
- Develop new beliefs and assumptions that build on the leader’s existing strengths
- Identify the behaviours that undermine the participant’s leadership (being overly controlling, compliant or distant) and replace them with new behaviours
- Recruit allies and put into place a plan to support the development and adoption of new behaviours
Phase 2: Intention
During the second phase of the program, the participant works to formulate his or her personal philosophy of leadership, as it aligns to core beliefs and values. A core assumption of the program as a whole is that leadership is an ongoing practice and Phase 2 is where this practice begins. The participant will:
- Reflect on how they and their leadership contribute to others
- Put into practice and test reframed assumptions about his or her leadership in the world
- Identify which leadership qualities align with his or her values and beliefs and which qualities he or she wants to be known for
- Get grounded in a new, emerging image of him or herself as a purposeful leader
- Create an individual leadership purpose statement and capture a personal leadership brand in both words and symbols
Phase 3: Vision
During the third phase, the participant, with all practical constraints aside, will build a clear vision for his or her leadership in the world. The participant will:
- Create a written a vision for the impact he or she wants to create as a leader and link this vision to their strengths as identified in Phase 1
- Crystallize the legacy they want to create with their leadership
- Record a podcast talking about his or her vision of leadership
- Road test the vision with different audiences, and recruit allies to observe and provide feedback
Phase 4: Transformation
The final phase of the program focuses on creating a long term plan to establish the changes that the participant wants to bring about, both in themselves individually and in the world around them. The focus is squarely on establishing the leader as a creative force in the world. During this last phase, the participant will:
- Develop a written strategy and plan for sustaining the practice of leadership
- Complete a complementary strategy and plan for bringing his or her vision to reality
- Complete at least one step of the plan for both the vision and leadership practice
- Create a list of daily practices to support ongoing evolution of this leadership
- 90 and 180 Day Follow Up